Indicative 1 October 2020 Prices – 2020 October Cycle
Page last updated: 27 July 2020
The spreadsheets below set out the indicative price changes for medicines taking a price disclosure price reduction on 1 October 2020. Advance notice of price changes is provided by the Department to assist companies and other stakeholders in preparation for 1 October 2020 price reductions.
These prices may change if there are changes in prices or listings before
1 October 2020 (e.g., lower price / pricing quantity changes).
The spreadsheets include:
- Legal brand of pharmaceutical item taking a reduction – this is the formal product description in the PBS listing instrument;
- Ex-manufacturer prices - Approved Ex-Manufacturer Price (AEMP) for pricing quantity and the Proportional Ex-Manufacturer Price (PEMP) where pack size is different to pricing quantity. This is the price without fees and mark-ups;
- Price to Pharmacy (PTP) for pack size - this price can also be worked out for an individual product by adding the wholesaler mark-up where applicable;
- Dispensed Price for Maximum Quantity (DPMQ) – dispensed price for supply through community pharmacy, or under s100 arrangement or other specified program. The Dispensed Price for Maximum Amount (DPMA) is given for Efficient Funding of Chemotherapy injectables;
- Manufacturer’s claimed prices and resulting premium – only included for medicines with a premium / other special patient contribution. The method for calculating a premium / other special patient contribution is set out in the National Health Act 1953;
- Trade Product Pack (TPP) - an Australian Medicines Terminology (AMT) description. AMT is used in the Schedule of Pharmaceutical Benefits.
- Indicative 1 October 2020 prices – 2020 October cycle (excluding EFC medicines) (Excel 50 KB)
- Indicative 1 October 2020 prices – 2020 October cycle (excluding EFC medicines) (PDF 999 KB)
- Indicative 1 October 2020 prices – 2020 October cycle (EFC only) (Excel 26 KB)
- Indicative 1 October 2020 prices – 2020 October cycle (EFC only) (PDF 678 KB)