Public Consultation on the Post-market Review of Products Used in the Management of Diabetes Stage 2: Insulin Pumps
Page last updated: 9 May 2013
Stakeholder Forum Outcomes
The Stakeholder Forum was held in Canberra on 12 September 2013 for Stage 2 of the Diabetes Review: Insulin Pumps.
The Forum provided a further opportunity for stakeholders to contribute to Stage 2 of the Review. The Forum summary is now available for viewing:
The Call for Submissions on Stage 2 closed on 13 February 2013.
The Department appreciates the contribution of all organisations and individuals who made a submission.
Unless otherwise requested, submissions addressing Terms of Reference 8 to 10 have been published below. This component of the Review aims to evaluate the clinical evidence of the benefits of ongoing use of insulin pumps in patients across all age groups, the uptake of insulin pumps for patients up to 18 years old under the insulin pump program, and to support appropriate access arrangements.
Some of the contents of these submissions may be included in the draft Report with the exception of those that were requested to remain confidential by the author. The Department of Health has not published submissions, or parts of submissions, which contain personal information, offensive language, potentially defamatory material or copyright infringing material.
Responsibility for copyright in submissions resides with the author(s), not with the Department of Health.
All submissions have been converted to Portable Document Format (PDF) for publication and may have a different appearance to the document that was submitted.
More information is available at Post-market Review of Products Used in the Management of Diabetes. If you have difficulty accessing the information provided and need further assistance, please send an email to PBSpostmarket@health.gov.au
- The views expressed in submissions published on this website are solely those of the contributing authors or organisations.
- The Commonwealth accepts no responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in the submissions.
- The Commonwealth makes no representations about the suitability of the information for any particular purpose. Users of the information must make their own inquires and assessments about those matters or seek independent advice.
- Submissions are published on the understanding that the contributing authors or organisations have copyright in the submissions either by way of ownership or a licence. They retain their copyright, and by making submissions they licence the Commonwealth to publish the submissions, unless a party when making a submission has requested that it be kept confidential and the Commonwealth clearly agrees that the submission will be kept confidential.
- The Commonwealth reserves the right not to publish a submission or part of a submission that it considers defamatory or otherwise inappropriate for publication.
Table of Submissions
|Submission||Author Name||Document link||Date Received|
|1||Australian Institute of Health and Welfare||Submission 1 (PDF 273KB)||4/02/2013|
|2||Individual Consumer||Submission 2 (PDF 147KB)||4/02/2013|
|3||Individual Consumer||Submission 3 (PDF 153KB)||4/02/2013|
|4||Individual Consumer||Submission 4 (PDF 118KB)||4/02/2013|
|5||Individual Consumer||Not for publication||4/02/2013|
|6||Individual Consumer||Submission 6 (PDF 57KB)||5/02/2013|
|7||Individual Consumer||Submission 7 (PDF 193KB)||8/02/2013|
|8||Mid North Coast Diabetes Service||Submission 8 (PDF 263KB)||8/02/2013|
|9||Individual Consumer||Submission 9 (PDF 125KB)||8/02/2013|
|10||Individual Consumer||Submission 10 (PDF 112KB)||9/02/2013|
|11||Individual Consumer||Submission 11 (PDF 147KB)||11/02/2013|
|12||Individual Consumer||Not for publication||11/02/2013|
|13||Individual Consumer||Submission 13 (PDF 76KB)||11/02/2013|
|14||Individual Consumer||Submission 14 (PDF 189KB)||11/02/2013|
|15||Individual Consumer||Not for publication||12/02/2013|
|16||Individual Consumer||Submission 16 (PDF 105KB)||12/02/2013|
|17||Individual Consumer||Submission 17 (PDF 184KB)||12/02/2013|
|18||Australian Diabetes Society||Submission 18 (PDF 280KB)||12/02/2013|
|19||Individual Consumer||Submission 19 (PDF 121KB)||12/02/2013|
|20||Consumers Health Forum of Australia||Submission 20 (PDF 237KB)||13/02/2013|
|21||Australasia Paediatric Endocrine Group||Submission 21 (PDF 294KB)||13/02/2013|
|22||Medical Technology Association of Australia||Submission 22 (PDF 347KB)||13/02/2013|
|23||Individual Consumer||Submission 23 (PDF 65KB)||13/02/2013|
|24||Roche Diagnostics Australia Pty Limited||Submission 24 (PDF 583KB)||13/02/2013|
|25||Individual Consumer||Submission 25 (PDF 189KB)||13/02/2013|
|26||Diabetes Australia and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation||Submission 26 (PDF 1680KB)||13/02/2013|
|27||Australian Diabetes Council||Submission 27 (PDF 693KB)||13/02/2013|
|28||Australian Paediatric Society||Submission 28 (PDF 442KB)||13/02/2013|
|29||Individual Consumer||Submission 29 (PDF 154KB)||13/02/2013|
|30||Medtronic Australasia Pty Ltd||Submission 30 (PDF 656KB)||13/02/2013|
|31||Non-government organisation||Not for publication||13/02/2013|
|32||Peak Professional Body||Not for publication||13/02/2013|
|33||Dietitians Association of Australia||Submission 33 (PDF 432KB)||13/02/2013|