Seventh Community Pharmacy Agreement (7CPA)
Page last updated: 12 July 2022
The Seventh Community Pharmacy Agreement (7CPA) commenced 1 July 2020.
The 7CPA is an agreement between:
- the Commonwealth Government
- the Pharmacy Guild of Australia
- the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA)
The Australian Government welcomes the PSA as a signatory for the first time.
The signing of the 7CPA demonstrates the Government’s ongoing commitment to supporting Australian patients through community pharmacy.
The 7CPA recognises the vital role that community pharmacies play in improving the health of all Australians.
This is why the Government is investing in improving the supply and dispensing of medicines.
The 7CPA will benefit Australians living in rural and remote areas, as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The 7CPA aims to improve patient choice and health literacy about access to medicines through community pharmacies.
The Government consulted a broad range of stakeholders to finalise the 7CPA, including:
- pharmaceutical industry representatives
- peak bodies
The 7CPA will be in place for five years until 30 June 2025.
You may view a copy of the 7CPA at the following link:
Remuneration for the dispensing of subsidised PBS medicines, community pharmacy medication management programs and services, is expected to be $18.3 billion over the five years of the agreement. View our information sheets on remuneration, programs and wholesalers.
- 7CPA - Dispensing (PDF 94KB) - (Word 93KB)
- 7CPA - Programs (PDF 93KB) - (Word 92KB)
- 7CPA - Wholesalers (PDF 93KB) - (Word 92KB)
7CPA Consultation Committees
As part of the 7CPA’s governance structure, two committees have been established to discuss the different elements of the Agreement. Further information on these committees, including terms of reference and meeting outcomes, can be found at the following link:
Previous Community Pharmacy Agreements
- Previous Community Pharmacy Agreements
- PBS Access and Sustainability Package including the Sixth Community Pharmacy Agreement
Current Community Pharmacy Programs
Key Performance Measures for the Seventh Community Pharmacy Agreement (7CPA)
Remuneration Adjustment Mechanism for the Seventh Community Pharmacy Agreement (7CPA)
Stakeholder Consultations on development of the 7CPA
In line with the Government’s commitment to lead early and inclusive consultations to inform the 7CPA, the Department met with a range of national pharmacy, health and consumer organisations from mid 2019 onwards.
The Department held two stakeholder roundtable meetings on 23 July 2019 and 14 November 2019. The communiques below provide an overview of these meetings, including key themes and participating organisations:
- Communique on the first Roundtable for the Seventh Community Pharmacy Agreement - Tuesday 23 July 2019
- Communique on the second Roundtable for the Seventh Community Pharmacy Agreement - Thursday 14 November 2019