Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) Guidelines Review
Page last updated: 29 September 2016
The Department is arranging education workshops for industry organisations who will be making a PBAC submission using version 5.0 of the PBAC Guidelines. The workshops will promote a common understanding and interpretation of the guidance.
A total of five workshops will be available - three in Sydney (14, 19 and 20 October 2016) and two in Melbourne (17 and 24 October 2016). Each workshop will be held from 9.30am‑4.45pm.
- Sydney venue: The Epping Club, 45 – 47 Rawson Street, Epping
- Melbourne venue: Karstens Conference Centre, 123 Queen Street, Melbourne
The workshops will be presented by Adelaide Health Technology Assessment and facilitated by ARCS Australia and will:
- provide an overview of the structural and content changes between version 4.5 and version 5.0 of the PBAC Guidelines
- discuss key areas of the guidelines and provide worked examples
- advise on where to put relevant information when preparing a submission
- discuss approaches that can be taken when presenting the information
- discuss submissions for codependent technologies
- explain the structure and use of the Section 4 workbook.
To register for attendance at one of these workshops, please provide your details through the registration page on the ARCS Australia website.
It is anticipated that education workshops for evaluators of PBAC submissions will be held in early 2017. Information on these workshops will be published on the PBAC Guidelines Review webpage when available.
The revised PBAC Guidelines will be published on the PBS website when the endorsement stage is completed. An update will be emailed to subscribers of the PBS News Alert to notify of this publication.
Further information about the review is available on the PBAC Guidelines Review webpage.