Public Consultation: Draft 2023-24 Cost Recovery Implementation Statement (CRIS) for listing medicines on the PBS and designated vaccines on the NIP
Page last updated: 12 May 2023
Consultation on the draft 2023-24 Cost Recovery Implementation Statement (CRIS) for listing medicines on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and designated vaccines on the National Immunisation Program is now open.
This CRIS sets out the fees that will apply for the 2023-24 financial year and provides information on how the Department of Health and Aged Care (the Department) implements cost recovery for:
- Submissions to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) for medicines seeking to be listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS); or vaccines to be listed on the National Immunisation Program (NIP).
- Applicant-driven PBS listing and list management activities.
Notable changes to the CRIS (Section 1.3, pg. 5) include:
- Annual review of indexation for PBAC/NIP cost recovery fees.
- Commencement of Ministerial determination request (stockholding) charging pathway.
- Amendments to Ministerial Discretion requests for Statutory Price Reductions (SPRs).
The final CRIS will be published before the fee changes take effect on 1 July 2023.
The Department of Health and Aged Care welcomes your feedback.
Please provide your comments on the content of the draft 2023-24 CRIS via email: email@example.com. Consultation closes COB Friday 2 June 2023.