PBS Contacts for Consumers
Page last updated: 15 May 2018
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Telephone Interpreter Service
- Poisons Information Centres
- Palliative Care Links
Contact the Department of Health PBS Information Line if you require information on:
- The PBS, co-payments and the PBS Safety Net
- Budget announcements and other recent PBS policy initiatives
- Listing and Pricing processes of the PBS including Listing and Pricing Committees
- Alternatives arrangements for medicines supplied under Section 100 of the National Health Act 1953 and other special supply programs.
- Publications relevant to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
Telephone 1800 020 613 Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.00pm (AEST). This service is closed for Australia-wide public holidays.
Contact the Department of Health via email email@example.com.
For enquiries relating to the PBS website, contact the website manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Human Services administers the PBS. This includes the processing of pharmaceutical benefits and safety net claims, authority applications and supply of PBS stationery used by health professionals.
Telephone: General enquiries 132 290
24 hour telephone service is available for Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
Telephone: 1800 552 580
Information on reporting adverse drug reactions
Telephone: 1800 044 114
For details of consumer level recalls only
Telephone: 1800 020 512
A 24-hour telephone service is available,
Telephone: 131 450.
The translating service can provide immediate assistance over the telephone or arrange for an interpreter to go to a location specified in either city or country areas. This service has access to over 2000 professional interpreters, covering over 100 languages and dialects.
A 24-hour telephone service is available for information and advice on the treatment
of poisoning, bites and stings,
Telephone: 131 126.
NPS Medicines Line (for consumers only)
Tel: 1300 633 424 (1300 MEDICINE)
Travelling Overseas with PBS Medicine
Travelling with PBS medicine enquiry line on 1800 500 147 (call charges may apply).
CareSearch is an online resource of palliative care information and evidence. All materials included in the Care Search website are reviewed for quality and relevance.
Palliative Care Australia
Palliative Care Australia (PCA) is the national peak body for Palliative Care in Australia. They are undertaking a range of projects under the National Palliative Care Program. Its site also includes contacts for state and territory member organisations.