Page last updated: 5 January 2015
The documents on this page may not be accessible. If you need assistance please email PBS Listings.
Definition and obligations of a Responsible Person.
The Responsible Person is the person or corporation with a registered ABN that is the supplier of a particular brand of a medicine on the PBS.
They have responsibility under the National Health Act 1953 (the Act) for:
- Price Negotiations and Agreements (Section 85AD)
- Price Disclosure (Division 3B)
- Guarantee of Supply (Division 3C)
The Act provides for penalties and other sanctions that may apply if the Responsible Person fails to meet the Price Disclosure and Guarantee of Supply obligations.
The Responsible Person must notify the Department of any changes to their details including:
- Name and contact details for their Authorised Representative
- the registered company name and ABN (requires PB11a form for the purpose of new price agreement)
- Registered or Postal Address
- Brand names for which they are the Responsible Person (requires PB11a form for the purpose of new price agreement)
- Responsible Person transfer (requires PB11a form for the purpose of new price agreement)