Revised opioids PBS listings from 1 October 2020
Page last updated: 21 September 2020
Commencing 1 October 2020, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) listings for opioid medicines will change.
Following feedback received regarding recent changes to opioid analgesic medications listed on the PBS, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) has recommended additional changes to ensure unimpeded access to opioid medication to palliative care patients.
Further, in collaboration with Services Australia, the Department of Health have restructured the current listings in order to reduce the additional administrative burden.
For more information, please view the information and factsheets in the links below.
- Opioids News Item Oct 2020 (PDF 612KB) - (Word 22KB)
- PBS Opioid Changes - Prescriber Information (PDF 687KB) - (Word 35KB)
- PBS Opioid Changes - Patient Information (PDF 501KB) - (Word 30KB)
- PBS Opioid - Prescriber Factsheet (PDF 538KB) - (Word 78KB)
- PBS Opioid - Patient Factsheet (PDF 446KB) - (Word 52KB)