Page last updated: 23 October 2017
- PBS and RPBS Section 85 Date-of-Processing and Date-of-Supply data
- PBS Item Map - Current and Historical listings
- PBS Collection of Under Co-payment Data
- PBS Expenditure and Prescriptions
- Australian Statistics on Medicines
- Highly Specialised Drugs Expenditure
- Medicare Australia PBS Item and Group reports
The Date-of-Processing and Date-of-Supply tables provide PBS Section 85 prescription and expenditure information on both a date-of-supply (released as year and month of supply) and date-of-processing (released as year and month of processing) basis. The information contained in these tables is generally updated once a month, around the second week of the month.
Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme Collection of Under Co-payment Data
Details on the collection of PBS / RPBS under co-payment prescription data.
The PBS Expenditure and Prescriptions provide a summary of PBS processing. Many tables and charts are available on processing by drug, prescription volume and cost.
The Australian Statistics on Medicines is an annual publication produced by the Drug Utilisation Sub-Committee of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee. The data available in the ASM represent estimates of the aggregate community use of prescription medicines in Australia.
The Highly Specialised Drugs Expenditure Reports provide a summary of National expenditure by drug dispensed through Public Hospitals, Private Hospitals and Community Access.
This data is reported by quarter for the current financial year and by total for previous two financial years.
- Highly Specialised Drugs Program Private Hospital Dispensed National Expenditure Report (Excel 316KB) - (PDF 108KB)
- Highly Specialised Drugs Program Public Hospital Dispensed National Expenditure Report (Excel 549KB) - (PDF 118KB)
- Highly Specialised Drugs Program Community Access Dispensed National Expenditure Report (Excel 852KB) - (PDF 80KB)
The Australian Government Department of Human Services (DHS) provides access to a range of statistical information about Medicare programs. This includes Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS), Pharmaceutical Benefits Schedule (PBS), Repatriation Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (RPBS), Australian Organ Donor Register (AODR), Practice Incentives Programme (PIP), and Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
PBS Item and Group online reports, on both service numbers and benefit amounts over either PBS item codes, patient categories or ATC classifications, are currently available from the Medicare Statistics page on the DHS website.