Page last updated: 14 June 2017
The following websites will provide you with additional information relevant to your needs and circumstance
- Australian Community Pharmacy Authority
- Federal Register of Legislation National Health Act 1953
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Services
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Framework for the introduction of parallel TGA and PBAC processes
- Framework for the introduction of a Managed Entry Scheme for submissions to the PBAC
- Glossary of Terms to accompany the Guidelines for preparing submissions to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee
- Guidelines for Deeds of Agreement for the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (Version 1.3)
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Website - Australian Government HTA processes used to inform decisions about the registration of health technologies for use in Australia, and reimbursement under Australian Government funding programs.
- Impact of the PBS Reform - Report to the Parliament on the impact of PBS reform on Government expenditure, consumers, industry, pharmacy, wholesalers and prescribers.
- Independent Review (PBS)
- Independent Review of the Impact of PBS Cost Recovery
- Joint Medicines Policy Conference Outcomes - 2008
- Joint Medicines Policy Conference presentations - 2011
- Manner of Administration that are currently in use by the PBS
- Manual of resource items and their associated unit costs - December 2016 - for use in submissions to the PBAC involving economic evaluation
- Medical Services Advisory Committee (MSAC)
- Memorandum of Understanding with Medicines Australia - documents the key innovations and reforms that will be introduced to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme over the next four years.
- National Medicines Policy
- PBAC Guidelines - Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee Guidelines (Version 5)
- PBAC Guidelines for Initiation of Stakeholder Meetings
- PBAC Meetings - Outcomes, agendas and Public Summary Documents from meetings of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC)
- PBS Calendar - PBS related activities surrounding the PBAC meeting cycles
- PBS Forms that may be required by the Department of Health to list a medicine on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
- PharmCIS Frequently Asked Questions for the Pharmaceutical Industry, Software Vendors, Dispensers and Prescribers.
- Proformas for preparing financial estimates for major and minor PBAC submissions (Section E)- Excel Spreadsheets that may assist with the preparation of financial estimates for major and minor PBAC submissions.
- Quality Use of Medicines
- Review of Anticoagulation Therapies in Atrial Fibrillation
- Sources of data for use in generating utilisation estimates- list of sources which are suitable for consideration as the source of data which could be used when preparing usage estimates for submissions to the PBAC
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
Health Professional Groups
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Doctors' Reform Society (DRS)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA)
- Pharmacy Guild of Australia (PGA)
- Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA)
Other Useful Sites
- National Health Act 1953
- NPS: Better choices, Better health
- National Pharmaceutical Services Association